“K”-2013: Plasmatreat LIVE
Plasmatreat will be staging an impressive range of plasma installations and demonstrations at this year’s K, the worldwide No.1 trade show in plastics and rubber. Not only the latest plasma systems and developments for the environmentally friendly pretreatment of material surfaces will be shown; also the highly effective Openair plasma technology will be demonstrated live throughout the entire show.
On their joint 160 m² exhibition stand, Plasmatreat and its system partner and foam technology specialist CeraCon will use a new out-of-the-box robotic cell developed by CeraCon to demonstrate how a strong bond can be achieved between nonpolar polypropylene plastic and 1-K polyurethane foam simply with the aid of plasma. In addition, atmospheric plasma treatments followed by subsequent painting, nanocoating and bonding applications will be conducted manually throughout each day in a dedicated “plasma demo corner”.
This year Plasmatreat will focus on five particular fields of application:
- FLEXIBLE ON PROFILES – The latest Openair®-Plasma EPDM unit possesses an automated nozzle adjustment allowing fully automated EPDM profile processing
- UNIQUE IN WIDTH – the world’s first 1.80m broad plasma system for a highly effective and economically efficient green pretreatment of large plastic panels or lightweight boards before digital printing and painting
- GUARANTEED EFFECT - The high contour precision treatment of geometrically complex headlamp housings will be used to demonstrate how the fully automated, integrated surface analysis tool delivers surface treatment results during the plasma process
- PLASMA & POWDER – the new FPC (Fine Powder Coating) plasma process allows new product design and the environmentally safe functional metallization of plastic surfaces
- FREE THE RADICALS – AURORA is a new product range which uses low-pressure plasma technology to modify and functionalize polymer surfaces. The system was developed jointly with 4th State, Inc., USA and is being successfully marketed in North America.
Visit us at the “K – 2013” in Düsseldorf!
October 16 - 23
Hall 11, Booth G04